Here are some tips to protect your data from prying eyes so you can have one less thing to worry about on your vacation.
- Set a budget. Begin with the vacation as the finish line, and mark out the steps it will take to get there. Determine how much you want to spend on everything including hotels, gasoline, souvenirs and meals.
- Don’t post on social media until you return.
- Let a trusted neighbor know you will be away and have them keep an eye on your home. It is a good idea to leave your vacation address and telephone number with a neighbor so you can be reached in case of an emergency.
- Be aware of any travel and health alerts at your destination
- Write out a schedule and give it to a family member for safety purposes.
- Make copies of all of your credit cards, important identification information, including your medical insurance cards, and your traveler's checks.
- Look for deals. You can find websites all over the internet that can help you score deals on hotels, amusement park tickets, airline travel and so on. Make sure you look for bargains after you set the budget.
- Put inside and outside lights on timers.
- Advise your alarm company and local police if you will be gone for an extended period.
- Stop the paper and garbage service.
- Don’t take expensive jewelry with you. Jewelry can get lost or be a target for thieves.
- Never put your home address on your luggage tags. Write your phone number instead.
- If you are traveling to a foreign country remember to study up on laws and customs. You will have a much better time if you understand the culture.
- Make sure all electrical appliances are turned off.
- Before you leave for vacation, you may decide to close your curtains to prevent people from peering inside your home to see whether you're there. However, closed curtains also stop those who aim to help the police, your neighbors or friends from seeing inside your house
* Strong personal client relationships based on a platform of high professional standards.
* A combination of size, technical expertise, agility and innovation.
* We allow our clients to make fully informed decisions based on independent advice.
* Superior client outcomes driven by a clear understanding of our clients' business and industry risks, matched to comprehensive and cost effective insurance
We look forward to speaking with you and assisting you with your insurance and risk management requirements.