If you are planning on hiring a contractor or construction company to help you with your project, keep these tips in mind. Following these guidelines will help reduce your risk and increase your chances for a successful, and hopefully stress-free, project.
- Before you hire a contractor ask for references. The Better Business Bureau is a good place to start.
- Know what you want and have a specific list of products, including the brands. For example, if you want a furnace, be specific about the type and brand. There are many brands; some good and some not so good.
- Always have a written contract with a competition date.
- Go visit other homes on which the contractor has worked.
- Some contractors may ask for100% of the payment upfront. Never do this. A small (10% to 15% upfront is normal)
If you are increasing the value of your home as a result of the remodel, you will need to make adjustments to your homeowner’s insurance limits. Your homeowner’s insurance will not cover the contractor or his work. If the contractor causes damage to your home, you will want their insurance to provide restoration.
The Neate Dupey Insurance Group had its beginnings in 2010 with the establishment of AMD Insurance Services in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Since then, we have grown to become a boutique independent insurance broking and risk management firm, supported by a large panel of national carriers, with clientele throughout the United States.
We occupy the niche between the big national insurance agencies and the typical suburban or captive agency. This makes us the ideal insurance partner for those clients seeking a combination of personal service and technical expertise.
We focus on tailoring innovative insurance solutions for clients who require more than “off the shelf” financial services.
As a full-service insurance agency, our clients range from large multi-state enterprises to small and medium businesses, along with residential homes, scheduled personal property, auto, liability umbrellas, and all other ancillary personal insurance products.
When you form a relationship with Neate Dupey, you can rest assured knowing you will always be treated as an important client, and that your business or family’s future will be fully protected.
We look forward to speaking with you and assisting you with your insurance and risk management requirements.